Listed below are the installation, cleaning, and designing tips in hardwood flooring which might be helpful for you to install efficiently the flooring.
- Utilize a blue tape in guiding the installation in order to minimize the chip possibilities of breaking off.
- In cutting the flooring, try using blade tipped with carbide.
- Another tip to minimize chipping is to saw on the pre-finished part of the hardwood flooring.
- Use felt papers to trim the edges and wrap the sub-floor
- Woods also expands so it’s best to leave an expansion gap with the same thickness as the hardwood flooring
- Avert from cutting or trimming hardwood flooring inside the room of installation for it will produce waste materials that might get into your installation process. Furthermore, this will require extra cleaning in the room.
- Manufacturers of hardwood flooring have floor cleaners for the recommendation. Use these to remove any created marks after the installation.
- To protect the appearance and the finish of the hardwood flooring, it is best to vacuum the floor weekly.
- To prevent scratches on the finish, avoid using beater bars or rotating brushes on your vacuum.
- A mop or any sweeper will also work just as well as vacuum does.
- Polishes of furniture and hairsprays cloud up your floor. Clean these using wet clothes or spray some window cleaner.
- In order to preserve the beauty of the hardwood flooring, close windows and doors during rainy weathers. The water will immediately ruin the wood and stain it upon penetration.
- In cases of dirt and spills, wipe them up immediately for it can damage the hardwood flooring.
- Avoid using wax on varnish, shellac, or polyurethane. This will make the floor slippery and might get harmful.
- Use mats to prevent dirt from customers to further reach the inside of your house.
- To make the floor a focal point of the room, add depths and dimensions with proper lighting and light tinted walls. Furnish the interior decoration with a dark colored hardwood floor with graining variations.
- If you want to make your room appear to be lively and bright, use hardwood floor with natural colors. In contrast to this, use dark colored furnishing and walls.
- To diversify the personality of the room, use exotic hardwood flooring that may vary accordingly by color, texture, or grain.